Aqualyx is an injectable compound made from the deoxycholate family of acids. The product may also be called Motolese’s Solution, named for the professor that introduced the drug.
The acids present in Aqualyx cause fat destruction in the body. Plastic surgeons use Aqualyx for body contouring. They may inject it into different areas of the body, such as the:
Doctors may also use the substance to treat a condition called pseudo-gynecomastia in men. This causes extra fat tissue to grow in the chest area, giving the appearance of breasts.
When injected into the body, Aqualyx can reduce the appearance of fat to give a smoother, more contoured appearance. While a person will see changes after one treatment, they’ll usually require more than one treatment session to see maximum results.
1. Buffering chemicals
2. Modified compound of deoxycholic acid
3. Red microalgae sugars
4. Other sugars
5. Sodium chloride
Aqualyx is intended for those who have good skin elasticity. This is usually (but not always) people 18 to 60 years old. Otherwise, the treatment could cause the skin to appear saggy after injections.
While the process may vary slightly based on where a person is receiving the injections, here are some basic steps you might undergo when receiving Aqualyx injections:
1. Your doctor will first discuss your treatment goals with you.
2. The area where you’re getting Aqualyx injected will be cleaned.
3. You’ll receive an injection of local anesthetic to numb the area and reduce discomfort.
4. Your doctor will then inject the Aqualyx solution into the targeted area of your body. The amount of Aqualyx used and the number of injections will depend upon the area being treated.
5. Your doctor will use an ultrasound device to ensure an even distribution of Aqualyx in the targeted area.
6. The process usually takes anywhere from a half an hour to an hour. You may require up to eight treatments to see the maximum effect.
Once Aqualyx dissolves the unwanted fat, the effect is thought to be permanent. However, if you gain weight following the procedure, it’s possible you may see diminished results.